The concept of personal attentive service, by licensed, community-minded funeral directors, has not changed since 1916, the year when Sam Piser first offered funeral care. At that time, it was a new and very innovative concept to the largely Jewish immigrant community. In those early years, during the developing Chicagoland Jewish community, small, local undertakers began to merge together. They featured several locations where a family could hold a funeral service, rather than in their own homes. With the natural addition of Gratch-Mandel, Hartman & Miller, Original Weinstein & Sons, and Furth & Company, Piser Memorial Chapels grew to become the pre-eminent funeral service provider serving the Jewish community across northern Illinois.
Today, we continue the traditions of our forefathers in funeral service at our funeral chapels and pre-planning office, located at 9200 N. Skokie Blvd. (at Church St.) in Skokie, Ill.
Jewish Funeral Directors Alan M. Yaffe (third generation) and Lawrence M. Mandel (fourth generation) continue to provide contemporary knowledge and compassion to all families, much like that first offered by the generations who came before them.