In 1910 Philip Hymanson founded the Hymanson Funeral Home in Lynn, MA, which is now the Stanetsky-Hymanson Memorial Chapel in Salem, MA. Philip was a member of the Chevra Kadisha and previously sold shoe laces and Singer sewing machines. He recognized the need to open a funeral home at 25 Blossom St., in Lynn in 1921 as funerals were conducted at the deceased home prior to 1921.
His son, Louis Hymanson joined his father in 1941 and they remained at that location until Louis built a modern facility at 117 North Common St., in Lynn. In 1965 Edward Hymanson joined his father Louis, as a third generation funeral director. In 1971 Edward Hymanson merged the Hymanson Funeral Home with the Stanetsky Memorial Chapel of Brookline in a new modern chapel located at 10 Vinnin St., Salem, MA, known as the Stanetsky-Hymanson Memorial Chapel.
In 1992 son-in-law Carl Goldman representing the fourth generation of funeral directors, joined the family funeral home as Director of pre-need planning.
The commitment to a high standard of service and the heritage bestowed by his grandfather and father continues to this day.
Stanetsky-Hymanson Memorial Chapels Bruce Schlossberg, General Manager A Service Family Affiliate of AFFS and Service Corporation International, 206 Winter Street, Fall River, MA 02720. (508) 676-2454.