History of Weinstein & Piser Funeral Home
The beginnings of Weinstein & Piser Funeral Home date back to the 1890s when Weinstein Brothers was founded by Louis and Jacob Weinstein in Chicago. Louis’s son, Myron, joined the company soon after and began expanding the business in the 1930s, adding a north side branch in 1937.
As the businesses continued to grow, Myron and his son, Joel, continued expansion to the north shore suburbs of Wilmette, where they opened a state-of-the-art facility 1970. In 1979 Weinstein opened its first funeral home in southern Florida.
The tradition of honest, caring and professional service by a community-minded funeral director also was being established during this time by Sam Piser, who began offering funeral care in 1916 to the largely Jewish immigrant community in Chicago. That tradition did not change over the years through the addition of several other funeral companies, which resulted in Piser Funeral Chapels becoming one of the pre-eminent funeral service providers serving the Chicagoland Jewish community.
Following the traditions of his forefathers, Alan M. Yaffe is the third generation of the Piser family to continue serving Jewish community families with contemporary knowledge and compassion.
With the joining of Weinstein Brothers and Piser Funeral Chapels as Weinstein & Piser Funeral Home in 2015, the tradition of compassion and the highest standards of service will continue to serve the Chicagoland and south Florida Jewish communities.